• Our initial conference will take about two hours. Please bring or send everything you have done in your job search up to this point.
• Be prepared to talk about what you think you want from a career and why. I will give you an exercise to complete that lets me know what you enjoy doing and why, as well as tells me the skills in which you have confidence.
• We then work together to build your “story” or “elevator pitch” that will allow you to turn every encounter into a potential networking opportunity.
• We target three industries and/or functions where we know you would both add value and enjoy the work.
• Together, we track the job boards to apply “reactively” to posted opportunities. I also teach you to network “proactively” for jobs that could be filled before they are posted.
• We have weekly goals that help push your search forward and remind you that you are making progress.
• At each stage, we do in-depth tutorials on relevant topics. These include but are not limited to:
How Businesses Work, What Jobs Exist and Why Managers Need You (Mini-MBA)
Leveraging Social Media for Business
Creating a Budget
Creating Communications That Get Noticed (Cover letters, Resumes, Requests for Information)
Managing Your Network
Understanding How to Be Successful in Your New Job
Preparing for Interviews
Asking for References
Asking for and Learning From Feedback
Additional exercises, worksheets, mock interviews, self-assessments and personal interaction supplement each topic.